ERISA 2019 – Current Issues for Plan Fiduciaries
When: Thursday, Nov. 7, 2019 | 5:30- 8:30PM
Where: Mutual of America, 320 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10022
With the increase in ERISA lawsuits and federal government investigations, Corporate Plan Sponsors and their fiduciaries must act proactively to be compliant with the various ERISA mandates. Discussions will include 2019 top retirement plan issues. Join us for a lively discussion between a plaintiff’s lawyer, defense counsel, and the government.
- Cases before the United States Supreme Court
- Meeting the prudence requirement – investments
- Fee disclosures and excessive Fees
- Selecting and monitoring service providers and the RFP Process
- U.S. Department of Labor (EBSA) investigations
- Lawsuits, settlements, and fiduciary liability Insurance
The presentation will be followed by a networking/cocktail hour.
José M. Jara, Esq., Partner, Archer & Greiner, P.C.
Tanya Korkhov, Attorney, Keller Rohrback L.L.P.
Special Guest Speaker:
Darren Cohen, Regional Director, U.S. Department of Labor, EBSA
Obtain one (1.5 NY) professional practice continuing legal education credit.
5:30 pm – 6:00 pm Check-In
6:00 pm – 7:30 pm Feature Presentation
7:30 pm – 8:30 pm Networking, Hors d’oeuvres & Cocktails
Co-sponsored by Archer & Greiner, P.C., the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, and Mutual of America.